Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources for custom sleeved cables for the SIV-1065 power supply that the Tou 2.0 has?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources for custom sleeved cables for the SIV-1065 power supply that the Tou 2.0 has?

Hi, I am a new In Win customer, and the Tou 2.0 is my first In Win product that I purchased. I also have done builds this year using the Corsair 570X and Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass, and the Tou 2.0 makes those two tempered glass cases look very ordinary. My first PC was a $5800 IBM PC/AT model 5170 that I bought in 1984, and I modified its case to use an ATX motherboard, so that welded steel case is still in service in my home offiice 33 years later LOL.

Does anyone know of sources for custom sleeved cables that work with the SIV-1065 1065-watt power supply that is included with the Tou 2.0... or do I have to do my own cable sleeving?

Both CableMod and Ensourced do not offer cable sets for In Win power supplies, but I was hoping that some other specialty shop can supply custom sleeved cable sets for the In Win power supply. Unlike Corsair who offers sleeved cable sets for their power supplies (along with CableMod and Ensourced), In Win's store does not offer sleeved cable sets for their own power supplies. I also have a Corsair 1200-watt power supply with great colorful sleeved cables, but I would prefer to use the included illuminated power supply that comes with the Tou 2.0.

The power cables that are included with the Tou 2.0 are not really ugly, but I was hoping to find someone who offers other sleeved cable sets for the IIn Win power supply, since I am a bit lazy to sleeve my own cables, and I do not want to use a bunch of sleeved extensions just yet. I presume that the sleeved cables made for Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic, etc. will not work with the In Win power supply?

Right now, I am laying out plans for a custom water loop. I am a glass artist (stained glass, fused glass, hot glass), and will be building a base plate shroud made of stained glass and adding my own custom stained glass infinity mirror on the back of the motherboard tray to cover up the cables and make the other side also look very appealing.

Hello there,

First off, love hearing about older models. In terms of sleeving our cables, we do not offer that service at this time. That said, we can provide you with the pin layout, but keep in mind that this will void the warranty if something goes wrong. I will private message you the layouts, but once you're are finished with your build, feel free to come back on the forums and share pictures with the rest of the community. I'm sure we would all love to see it.

Comment

• DragonPurr
      DragonPurr commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Johnny, thanks for the reply and pin layout diagrams. Hmm... well, I do not want to void my warranty on the PSU so soon on my new Tou, so I will just use the existing cables as they are. When using sleeved cables, I am good at neatly organizing them to show off their colors. But for the included In Win cables, very little of the cables will be visible in my completed build. The longest cables that will be visible are the four 8-pin PCIe cables coming from the two GPUs. But I will be building a custom glass basement shroud that extends from the right edge of the PSU to the front of the case, and it will have cable openings to route the GPU cables and cables from the bottom edge of the mobo. So the four GPU PCIe cables will drape straight down into a cable opening in the glass shroud and disappear, very little cabling will be visible coming from the mobo, and no cables will be visible from the other rear side of the mobo.

My Tou is currently scheduled for delivery this Thursday. I really hope that all glass panels are perfect with no blemishes or slight chipping. Acrylic panels are prone to scratches, but tempered glass is more prone to slight chipping around the edges and corners. My Corsair 570X and Phanteks Evolv ATX both had entirely perfect tempered glass panels when I received them, so I hope that I am just as lucky with this Tou :-)

Most of my custom mods to the Tou will involve additions of stained glass and beveled glass structures:

* an iridescent glass shroud that covers the entire basement area of the case to hide the cables

* a stained glass and beveled glass rear panel that fits across the openings in the rear of the case, perhaps with an embedded metal bracket to mount a 120mm or 140mm RGB exhaust fan

* a glass GPU support stand that holds the ends of both MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X GPUs

* a custom stained glass RGB infinity mirror on the back of the motherboard tray to cover up all the cables on the back

* a shimmery angled asymmetrical trapezoidal pyramidal glass structure that covers the entire black geometric top panel with mirrored prisms of glass, with gaps to allow the passage of air through the top grill

When I first saw the Tou 2.0, for some reason, its front shape and angles instantly reminded me of the front-diagonal view of a Lamborghini Murcielago. So to continue in that Lamborghini style, my custom glass top will have aerodynamically angled prisms of mirrored glass across the top, which will also bend the RGB lighting coming from the three Corsair HD120 fans mounted on top. This will add about 2 or 3 inches of extra height to the top, but it will look much nicer than just having the black geometric grill pattern on top. Like the other glass panels, the top prisms will look like mirrors reflecting at many different angles when the PC is turned off, and the RGB fan lighting will shine through them in the dark. And each angled glass panel will be interchangeable with other panels having different colors and textures because they will be attached to a metal frame using tiny strips of low-profile Velcro so I can vary the colors for different appearances :-)
      Last edited by DragonPurr; 05-10-2017, 12:42 AM.

You MUST post pictures! We'd love to see your vision come to fruition!

Comment

• DragonPurr
      DragonPurr commented
      Editing a comment
      I am hoping to complete all mods to my Tou and have everything in their final operational state within the next four weeks. If I was single, I could build all the glass structures and have it all done in less than one week. But I am happily married and I try to keep it that way by not focusing all my attention on computer gear every night :-)

I did see two YouTube videos from two Tou 2.0 owners who complained that the top touch panel was way too sensitive, causing them to accidentally turn their PC on or off. I corresponded with one Tou 2.0 owner in Australia who said that In Win was designing a new touch panel that is less sensitive and In Win sent him a replacement touch panel. I hope that my Tou does not have a touch panel that is too sensitive, or I may need that same redesigned replacement touch panel.

I think I am going to name my Tou "Diamond" or "Sapphire" because it will have so much extra sparkling glass added to it. :-)

Ha ha, fair enough. Happy wife, happy life! And it all boils down to preference. It is our hope that you will prefer the sensitivity of the panel. SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND! ^_^

Comment

• DragonPurr
      DragonPurr commented
      Editing a comment
      Here is the YouTube video from the Australian Tou 2.0 owner who can accidentally turn his Tou on and off just by walking past hs computer, without even touching the touch panel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nXkClRA6eo

And check out this video by frequent modder JayzTwoCents on his Tou 2.0 mod. At the 4:16 time mark, he says that he had to disconnect the touch panel's power button since he kept accidentally turning the computer off whenever he swiped the touch panel to adjust the LED lighting brightness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_-x...youtu.be&t=255

I receive my Tou delivery tomorrow. Very excited!!! But I will be checking out its touch panel sensitivity too, along with looking for any imperfections or chipping on all the glass panels.

Hi Johnny, I received my Tou 2.0 last Thursday. I have not started my build yet, but everything looks perfectly immaculate. However... the Serial Number plate on my case says "045/500". Since In Win stated that their last shipment was sent to both In Win's online e-store and some online retailers like Newegg earlier this month, and In Win tweeted on May 4 that it was their "last shipment", I was expecting my Serial Number to be at least "350/500" or "400/500" or higher since so-called limited edition numbering usually increments from 1 up to the maximum and I figured that unit "001/500" through "003/500" would be used by In Win for display at trade shows, or maybe the Tou cases used by In Win do not have serial numbers.

So how is it possible when I ordered my Tou after it had been out-of-stock on both In Win's e-store and Newegg that its Serial Number is so low at "045/500"? I actually wondered if this was because another earlier customer returned this case back to In Win and what I received was actually refurbished (although it was advertised as being new). But everything looks totally new, with not even a single tiny scratch on the metal or scuff mark on any screw holes, the power supply looks (and smells) totally new. I did notice that all the glass panels did not have any plastic wrap covering them, but I just assume that is how In Win ships their cases. My Corsair 570X and Phanteks Evolv tempered glass cases had plastic wrap covering all the glass panels.

I do not really care if In Win actually made 1000 or 3000 of these Tou cases and if my case is actually number 545 or 1045. Did In Win decide to make more than 500 because sales were better than expected? It just seems very curious that my case is numbered very low at "045"... unless In Win is numbering backward and the last unit will be numbered "001/500" (which is unlikely). I noticed that the In Win e-store is still selling them and Newegg still has the Tou listed as "Usually ships within 2 or 3 days".
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 05-15-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonPurr View Post
      Hi Johnny, I received my Tou 2.0 last Thursday. I have not started my build yet, but everything looks perfectly immaculate. However... the Serial Number plate on my case says "045/500". Since In Win stated that their last shipment was sent to both In Win's online e-store and some online retailers like Newegg earlier this month, and In Win tweeted on May 4 that it was their "last shipment", I was expecting my Serial Number to be at least "350/500" or "400/500" or higher since so-called limited edition numbering usually increments from 1 up to the maximum and I figured that unit "001/500" through "003/500" would be used by In Win for display at trade shows, or maybe the Tou cases used by In Win do not have serial numbers.

So how is it possible when I ordered my Tou after it had been out-of-stock on both In Win's e-store and Newegg that its Serial Number is so low at "045/500"? I actually wondered if this was because another earlier customer returned this case back to In Win and what I received was actually refurbished (although it was advertised as being new). But everything looks totally new, with not even a single tiny scratch on the metal or scuff mark on any screw holes, the power supply looks (and smells) totally new. I did notice that all the glass panels did not have any plastic wrap covering them, but I just assume that is how In Win ships their cases. My Corsair 570X and Phanteks Evolv tempered glass cases had plastic wrap covering all the glass panels.

I do not really care if In Win actually made 1000 or 3000 of these Tou cases and if my case is actually number 545 or 1045. Did In Win decide to make more than 500 because sales were better than expected? It just seems very curious that my case is numbered very low at "045"... unless In Win is numbering backward and the last unit will be numbered "001/500" (which is unlikely). I noticed that the In Win e-store is still selling them and Newegg still has the Tou listed as "Usually ships within 2 or 3 days".
      Hello There,

To be honest, we have no idea which number you will receive at any given time. Keep in mind these cases are distributed globally. The announcement on Twitter was the last shipment for the North American region. Other shipments will occur in different parts of the world. Currently, the schedule is likely only 200 to 300 pieces, with the possibility of moving up to 500.

In regards to re-sellling, that's not how we operate. If a product is sent back, we basically keep it as an RMA product. We don't ever resell products that have been opened, which explains why your Tou 2.0 is in mint condition. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Comment

• DragonPurr
        DragonPurr commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Johnny, thanks for the reply! Like I said, I did not think that my #45 was previously used. I have a high-quality magnifying glass (used by jewelers) that is free of optical distortions and I actually used it to inspect the entire case and all the glass edges for imperfections (since tempered glass can be prone to slight chipping around edges and corners) and I could not find a single flaw. I have previously received several items directly sold by Amazon as "New" that were obviously used, and those were obvious errors by Amazon's fulfillment centers, not due to the manufacturer supplying Amazon with used items. I was just very surprised by the very low Serial Number.

In any case, please share pictures with us once you have completed your build. We'd love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post
        In any case, please share pictures with us once you have completed your build. We'd love to see it.
        I sure will. I am already thinking through modifications for the top part of the Tou case. I am not going to use the included geometric top panel and metal grill under it, but I will be using my own 3-fan mounting bracket that I cut out of metal along with an actual dust filter. The included geometric top panel slightly impedes airflow with its pattern of metal, and the metal grill under it does nothing to block dust from entering into the case. Completely covering the top of my custom-designed fan tray and dust filter will be three-dimensional geometric prisms of glass that complement the shapes and angles of the other glass on the case. So far, I have designed three different sets of "glass roofing", each with very different shapes and angles, and each using three different sets of glass: mirrored stained glass, iridescent color-shifting stained glass, and beveled glass. The beveled glass is clear, but as the colored light from the three RGB fans mounted on top pass through the beveled glass and the light rays are bent by all the angles of the bevels, their colors will spray out in hundreds of different angles. I first create prototypes out of cardboard to see how they fit and look covering the top of the case, and then the cardboard models become the templates for how I cut and shape the metal frame and each piece of glass. The glass sections will be attached to the metal frame using tiny squares of Velcro, so I can also mix-and-match the mirrored glass, iridescent chameleon glass, and beveled glass. My basement glass workshop has hundreds of different kinds of glass along with sheets, bars, and rods of aluminum, steel, zinc, and copper, and I create everything from iridescent glass bracelets for my wife to large 5'x5' stained glass windows :-)

Comment

Sounds amazing! Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
          X