Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need More Info About MS-04 Server Chassis! Help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need More Info About MS-04 Server Chassis! Help!!


    Hi, I'm trying to set up a server platform, using the MS-04 chassis. I would like to know how the LED lights on the chassis Panel connection to the motherboard (Asrockrack E3C224D2i), please help me, thanks a lot!

  • #2
    Connect the provided two or three pin connector to the motherboard. Don't plug them both in or else it won't work. Let us know if you run into any other problems.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank u !!!
      But I still have a problem. I am not sure the FAIL Led connector should be connected to which header on the motherboard, and the ID led.
      Here is the user manual pdf of motherboard which I'm using: ftp://europe.asrock.com/Manual/E3C224D2I.pdf.
      Can u help me? Thanx a lot!

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello..
        I have this IW-MS04-01 with the provided 265w powersupply.
        First of all I want to say that this chassi comes with very limited instructions. Really there is none... On this website the "manual" for the chassi is the same.. Its not a manual or at least it does not describe any functionality for what I was looking for.. Namely the SATA backplane!

        I have no idea how the Fan controlelr works.. It has a little diagram for the different degrees and some things saying sw1 and on off here and there. For me its an absolute mess and I dont understand any of how it works for the different modes... I just left it on default for now but I would like to have more information as to how they operate exactly! This info is missing from the "manual" !!

        Second I wonder about the connectors on the sata backplane.. Except for the sata and the fan connector, what are the other connectors and what should be connected to them..? Is there anything from the front connectors that should go anywhere here like the ID fail or something..?

        Currently I just have the green HDD LED activity connected since I dont have a servergrade motherboard.. Its an MSI B250I pro and dont have a lot of connectors basically.. So Im not sure whats hould be connected to SATA backplane etc...

        Third and last.. What is this powersupply...!? The sound of it is so electrical and so loud.. I had a old synology NAS like 5 years old which sounds less then this.. When my system goes to "sleep" and hibernates my harddrives in the old synology NAS it becomes dead-quite basically..
        On this chassi I pulled out chassi FAN connector and even shut down CPU fan for a few seconds. HDD's on hibernate.. and the system still is on highest sound level because of the powersupply.. Sounds like a fishtank! I was expecting it to be more quite when basically entire system is sleeping.. This is making it very unsuitable as a HTPC or even a NAS storage which is anyway in sleepmode like 95% of the time... Is there something wrong here..?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post
          ...
          thanks for any support here m8.. I tried calling in-win in UK and some super stressed lady answers and says "Im not supposed to be here!" .. lol
          Then I call In-win support in US and no answers.. I need help please ty!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jamzz123 View Post
            Hello..
            I have this IW-MS04-01 with the provided 265w powersupply.
            First of all I want to say that this chassi comes with very limited instructions. Really there is none... On this website the "manual" for the chassi is the same.. Its not a manual or at least it does not describe any functionality for what I was looking for.. Namely the SATA backplane!

            I have no idea how the Fan controlelr works.. It has a little diagram for the different degrees and some things saying sw1 and on off here and there. For me its an absolute mess and I dont understand any of how it works for the different modes... I just left it on default for now but I would like to have more information as to how they operate exactly! This info is missing from the "manual" !!

            Second I wonder about the connectors on the sata backplane.. Except for the sata and the fan connector, what are the other connectors and what should be connected to them..? Is there anything from the front connectors that should go anywhere here like the ID fail or something..?

            Currently I just have the green HDD LED activity connected since I dont have a servergrade motherboard.. Its an MSI B250I pro and dont have a lot of connectors basically.. So Im not sure whats hould be connected to SATA backplane etc...

            Third and last.. What is this powersupply...!? The sound of it is so electrical and so loud.. I had a old synology NAS like 5 years old which sounds less then this.. When my system goes to "sleep" and hibernates my harddrives in the old synology NAS it becomes dead-quite basically..
            On this chassi I pulled out chassi FAN connector and even shut down CPU fan for a few seconds. HDD's on hibernate.. and the system still is on highest sound level because of the powersupply.. Sounds like a fishtank! I was expecting it to be more quite when basically entire system is sleeping.. This is making it very unsuitable as a HTPC or even a NAS storage which is anyway in sleepmode like 95% of the time... Is there something wrong here..?
            Hello,

            First off, my apologies for the late response, I was out of town. To answer your questions though:

            1.) I will try and get a hold of a backplane manual for you soon.
            2.) It's better to use a server grade motherboard, because while a normal PC motherboard will work, it still limits the features you can use on the system. This is what you are currently experiencing with features such as the lights.
            3.) The noise emissions will be louder since this is a full system. A NAS setup won't be as loud.

            Let me know if you have anymore questions.

            Comment


            • #7
              I am having this same issue... NO Documentation and NO information on backplane! I need this yesterday!!! Nice case; but extremely poor documentation and guidance!

              tmcarter@ultrastat.com




              Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post

              Hello,

              First off, my apologies for the late response, I was out of town. To answer your questions though:

              1.) I will try and get a hold of a backplane manual for you soon.
              2.) It's better to use a server grade motherboard, because while a normal PC motherboard will work, it still limits the features you can use on the system. This is what you are currently experiencing with features such as the lights.
              3.) The noise emissions will be louder since this is a full system. A NAS setup won't be as loud.

              Let me know if you have anymore questions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post

                Hello,

                First off, my apologies for the late response, I was out of town. To answer your questions though:

                1.) I will try and get a hold of a backplane manual for you soon.
                2.) It's better to use a server grade motherboard, because while a normal PC motherboard will work, it still limits the features you can use on the system. This is what you are currently experiencing with features such as the lights.
                3.) The noise emissions will be louder since this is a full system. A NAS setup won't be as loud.

                Let me know if you have anymore questions.
                Hi,
                Thanks for responding.
                2) and 3) is ok I understand.. Altohugh servergrade motherboard feels a bit overkill because of price and just to get a few lights on front chassi..
                but 1) for manual Please come back to us with this asap!
                Thank you!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post

                  Hello,

                  First off, my apologies for the late response, I was out of town. To answer your questions though:

                  1.) I will try and get a hold of a backplane manual for you soon.
                  2.) It's better to use a server grade motherboard, because while a normal PC motherboard will work, it still limits the features you can use on the system. This is what you are currently experiencing with features such as the lights.
                  3.) The noise emissions will be louder since this is a full system. A NAS setup won't be as loud.

                  Let me know if you have anymore questions.
                  Hey bro..
                  My disks are running around 46 degree Celsius in idle.. I dont want to have my server turned on 24/7 until I have some instructions for the sata backplane/FAN settings..So for now I will have turn manually power on and power off during the days.. Not optimal.. Please if you can rush this issue..
                  Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hello All,

                    Thank you for your patience and understanding. I understand the wait can be frustrating, but in any case I have the manual for you all. I will private message you both, and please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. I thank you again for your patience.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post
                      Hello All,

                      Thank you for your patience and understanding. I understand the wait can be frustrating, but in any case I have the manual for you all. I will private message you both, and please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. I thank you again for your patience.
                      I got it now.. And it seems that the only thing this temperature controller does is to beep to warn if temps go up a certain degree on the disks and if the fan is broken.. this is the only thing it does..
                      So it does not control the PWM exhaust fan in any way making this case USELESS for a NAS device.. I have only 2 disks in this case and when the disk idle they become VERY WARM int his case. I have the 2 disks on about 45 degree celcius when they are not even in load.. This is unacceptable on a NAS device which this case is built for.. The exhaust fan in the back does NOTHING other then exhaust air from the CPU cooler..

                      After using this case for a few days I now must put it away and buy another case... Wasted money and time... damn I should have listened to that newegg review... He was right..

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X