A1 - how to change psu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1 - how to change psu?

I want to change the psu, so i can use custom sleeved cables. Can anyone provide instructions?

I see the bracket with one screw. Do I unscrew that? Sorry for being a newb!

Hello Sarah,

Yes, just remove the screws holding it in place. No worries, we're happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post
      Hello Sarah,

Yes, just remove the screws holding it in place. No worries, we're happy to help.
      Can we reuse the bracket with a new psu? I plan on getting the Corsair SF600W to give power to my 8700k and 1080 ti.

Comment

If it's smaller than a standard ATX PSU, you will need to use a compatible bracket.

Comment

Hi. I was able to remove the psu! Is there anyway to connect the qi charger to a different standard psu?

Comment

Yay! Yes, that shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

the built-in PSU can suuport Qi wireless charger even when you turn off the system. once you use a different one, I am not sure if Qi will work when you turn off system....

Comment

I have a sf600 I have that i tather use but, but micro usb that powers the charger is wired directly into the preinstalled psu. You would need be able to find a different power source to power the charger. First thing that popped into my head was taking a usb to micro usb cable and connect one end to a rear usb 3 port and routing the cable inside to power the charger, however the charger will only work with the pc on which is not a problem for me anyways. Anyone have recommendations on this?

Comment

Not really much you can do since the feature isn't a normal for other PSUs. But as you mentioned, the Qi charger will still function when the system is on.

Comment

My psu does not have a usb mini connector tho.

i am really torn over which psu to use.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSarah1 View Post
                      My psu does not have a usb mini connector tho.

i am really torn over which psu to use.
                      You can always get a mini usb to sata/molex power connector if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X