Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 805 Infinity - Trouble getting the lights to work correctly

Hi,

I just purchased the 805 infinity and can't seem to get the lights to work with Halo (both from and LED strip)

I have the MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/X99A-...O-CARBON.htmlF

When I connect both the LED strip and front LEDs to the provided adapter, then connecting to the USB + SATA. The lights turn on and all remain white but when I try to start HALO, it gives me the error "No Device found"

I then removed the LED strip and connected the case LEDs directly to the provided LED port on montherboard. The case LEDs turn red but again, HALO gives me the same error.

Any ideas on fixes? Driving me crazy

Also I am on Windows 10 Pro.

Please check your private messages. We believe we have a solution.

Comment

• Park3rn3ss
      Park3rn3ss commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, there, Johnny!.

I have the exact same issue. I've made sure everything is connected correctly, LEDs work normally but when I try to run the Halo Software, it just crashes with the "No Get Device" message. Could you help me, please?

here is the video of Halo demonstration (the youtube link )

and just a reminder, if you are using the HALO software, use only one HALO software !! if you open two or three HALO software at the same time it might cause some lighting error.
    Last edited by anthonytsai; 07-27-2016, 02:07 AM.

Comment

I have the same problem guys, The front works but I can't even figure out where to plug the rgb strip that it came with, would love the solution as well please

Comment

The LED strip module has a removable male connector, so that may be part of the confusion. Let me know if this helps.

Comment

Hey Johny, as silly as it sounds, that solved all me problems, everything works great now!

Comment

I'm having the same problem as the first user. When I start the halo app a pop up appears saying ERROR: not get device. I've tried reinstalling the app & all drivers but it hasn't solved the problem.Also when I plug the rgb strip into a Asus rgb header the red and green LEDs work. Could I have a defected rgb strip? Same with the infinity mirror strip
            Last edited by Infinity Eric; 08-02-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• anthonytsai
              anthonytsai commented
              Editing a comment
              just a reminder, for the led module, you need to connect both the SATA power and the usb header to the corresponding slots. if the connection is not stable, " Halo" might not be able to find the device. hope it will help to solve your problem.

I've tried to connect the led module to 2 different mobos and I still get the same message. Both were plugged into the sata power & usb header.

Comment

Im getting the error message too, "Not get Device" repairing the halo software worked for a little while but not nothing....need help

Comment

Originally posted by Infinity Eric View Post
                I've tried to connect the led module to 2 different mobos and I still get the same message. Both were plugged into the sata power & usb header.

Please message me and provide me with the region you are from.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardoken View Post
                  Im getting the error message too, "Not get Device" repairing the halo software worked for a little while but not nothing....need help
                  Please message me and provide me with the region you are from.

Comment

I am getting the same Error "NOT GET DEVICE" .... can I get some help too?

Comment

Heyyo, just to make sure folks, but there's little arrows on the LED strips that must be plugged in the right direction in order to work. LED's in general only accept electrical current from one direction, so chaining them together upside down could be causing some of the issues. Maybe yes maybe no but just my $0.02.

Once those are setup? Make sure it's a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard they are plugged into as well. If your motherboard doesn't have a USB 2.0 header available? It is possible to buy USB 2.0 to 3.0 adaptors online through Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress, etc.

Some motherboards have firewire (IEEE 1394) and USB 2.0 headers so watch out for that as I think they both have the same pin configuration. Prime example is my Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 has both. Luckily the IEEE 1394 has red on the inside so it was easy for me to figure it out without looking for small text or reading the manual. On my mobo the USB 2.0 and IEEE 1394 were right beside each other.

Also? Due to how thin the width of the case is? I found I needed to twist the LED strip along the back of my case sideways in order to accommodate a rear exhaust fan. I am not worried about heat since LED's don't generate heat like halogen lights.

Oh, and another note? The instructions say if there's only one RGB strip being used? Remove the male-to-male connector from the other strip... so make sure no spare male-to-male adaptors are in the ends of your LED strips.

I provided some feedback to customer service for the Halo application, but I might as well post it here too.

The first part might be a bug in the software as I noticed it does not save the lighting selection choices if I start the halo application and select my settings and then reboot without first closing the halo application, exiting it from the system tray and then opening the halo application again. This was on a fresh Windows 10 64bit build 10586 if that might help.

The second is to have the option to save and load profiles for the personalized setting, that way people could create their own personalized lighting profiles and upload and share them on the InWin forums to promote community customization.

The third part of the feedback for the halo drivers is to have an option the start the halo program on windows.

The fourth part would be the option to always start the program minimized to system tray. This would make it more convenient when it is set to start with windows. I tried using the program properties window to set it to start minimized but that did not work.
                      Last edited by ThE_MarD; 08-23-2016, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Administrator
                        Administrator commented
                        Editing a comment
                        thank you for sharing some helpful tips with us !! and really thanks you for e-mail us your cool ideas . we really appreciate that and our designer are improving our software to provide a better using experience.

My problem is the rgb output keeps coming lose. Can you send a replacement wire or an adapter to fix this problem????

Comment

As in the rgb output does not stay connected to the rgb strip. Totally cheaped out on that In Win. No good. I spend nearly $300 on a case that doesnt light up like its suppose. You can see my negative review on newegg.com

Comment

Working...
                        X