This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post

If you have Aura, use their software, and do not use the provided splitter. HALO is used primarily for users that own MoBos that don't have that function.
    Alright - new question. What about ASUS Motherboards that support Aura Sync but have no RGB Headers? Such as the ASUS Z270 TUF Mark 1?

This is my situation - and I'm rather disappointed with the level of compatibility to make the 805 Infinity operate with Aura Sync, as such a requirement that was never called out. Everyone simply said "It should work if they support Aura Sync". Such is true with my other 3rd party Aura Sync components, such as my G.Skill Trident RGB RAM, and that doesn't require anything special in order to coordinate with the Aura Software. My expectation was that, if I needed to use this splitter through the USB header, that it would still work with Aura Sync - but it doesn't.

Am I missing something? How do I make the 805 Infinity operate with Aura Sync without an RGB header so that I can control all of my components through a single source?
    Last edited by dcthompson0825; 05-30-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

If you are using our splitter, it was meant for our HALO software. Attempting to use Aura is likely canceling out your the softwares. Try launching HALO and see where it goes from there.

Comment

The lights work with the HALO software and I can run other items that don't require an RGB plug through the Aura software - the two running side by side isn't the problem. The problem is that this case is supposed to be certified for ASUS Aura Sync, but it doesn't work with the provided equipment unless there's an available RGB header. But when I read documentation on both your site and ASUS', there was never any mention that this case requires being plugged into an RGB header directly in order to be operated by Aura. Everything was simply "certified".

This is a flaw with your component - other 3rd party items that are Aura Sync certified operate just fine through USB. What's the problem with this case?

Comment

I bought this case for my son for his birthday but we are having a problem getting the lights behind the mirror to work. We are using the splitter and have it plugged into a usb header and a sata power source. We also have the front panel power connected the psu using a molex plug. The LED strip lights up and is controllable using the HALO software. The In Win logo on the side of the front panel is also lit up. The LED's behind the mirror are not powering up at all.

Please help

Comment

So you're ignoring my question, Johnny?
          Awesome customer support - I've been waiting for weeks for an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by dcthompson0825 View Post
            So you're ignoring my question, Johnny?
            Awesome customer support - I've been waiting for weeks for an answer.
            My apologies, I missed your reply. Actually your situation is unique so give us a little time and I will find a solution ASAP.

Comment

Does anyone know if this works with RGB Fusion by Aorus? It says the RGB just runs off of a header with the board has one but I don't want to spend the money if it is not supported. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by CNelms52 View Post
                Does anyone know if this works with RGB Fusion by Aorus? It says the RGB just runs off of a header with the board has one but I don't want to spend the money if it is not supported. Thank you
                You should be fine, but just to make certain, what specific board are you looking for?

Comment

The board is a Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K5. It has one RGBW Header on it located at the bottom of the board

Comment

You should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post

My apologies, I missed your reply. Actually your situation is unique so give us a little time and I will find a solution ASAP.
                      I think nearly a month without any real answer is long enough - I'm never purchasing your products again.

Comment

• Administrator Johnny Gomez
                        Editing a comment
                        Hello There,

My apologies for the delay. We were actually testing to find out more information, and it took a little longer than expected. We may have a solution for you, go ahead and check your messages for more details.

• dcthompson0825
                        dcthompson0825 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just to make the solution public, In Win decided that because the lights work with the HALO software, even though they're also supposed to work with Aura Sync, that there isn't a problem. I had been trying to get a legitimate answer from In Win for over a month, but they decided that supporting ASUS Aura Sync isn't their problem despite advertising compatibility and being an ASUS partner.
                        I've now switched focus to utilizing ASUS support to resolve this problem, and ASUS has informed me that they're planning to drop their partnership with In Win due to the inconsistency with their product support. Simply said, if the product is Aura Sync Certified, the product should work with an Aura Sync certified motherboard.

Your motherboard didn't have a header, the case needs to connect to something in order for the motherboard software to work. Therefore, in the event of an absentee header, you can use USB to operate our HALO software. You informed us that the product was operating fine with HALO. Since the product is operating correctly, there is nothing more we can do. But thank you for following up with us.

Comment

I've been having a slight issue with the LEDs on my case. I am not able to achieve any shade of blue, purple, or pink with the HALO software. Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this. Thanks.

Comment

• littlejeremy
                          littlejeremy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know Administrator is away now, maybe you can take a video and email to service@in-win.com.tw, so In Win Marketing can have a look and try to help.

Hello Mark,

I am back. Let me know if your problem is still existing. We thank you for your patience.

Comment

After completing the (un)usual procedure for registering,

I will contribute to this small forum to illustrate how to have the HALO software minimized at startup, it took me some time to do this,
                          since In Win programmers have left the program in a status that I can define an alpha version. Eventually 290 euros were not enough to pay ALSO a good program to control the case, and it is left in this status from almost one year - CAN IT BE that you think that have the HALO software popping up EVERY F*****G TIME we start the pc was a good idea?!

Just hope that the other users asking for that feature, find some help in this, since I had not see any way to solve this here or any SERIOUS answer from the admins about this very annoying thing.

The procedure:
                          1) Install HALO
                          2) download this little tool
                          http://www.eusing.com/WindowManager/WindowManager.htm
                          And install it in c:\auto (an easy name to write, later you'll understand why)
                          3) Open the Auto Window Manager tool and maximize the In Win HALO window. Now in the program you will see an entry with the HALO icon, called "windowsForms10.somethingmorewedontcare" right-click on it and select "Add rule" and then "minimize". Ok. Eventually an error could pop up, retry until it works. DON'T go in options for make this program start automatically with windows, for me it did not work.
                          4) Create a batch file on your desktop - let's call it test.bat. Modify it and write this string:
                          start /min c:\auto\autowin.exe
                          5) Press WIN+R keys and send the command - shell:startup
                          6) Copy the test.bat file in the window that appeared.

Restart your PC and now both the HALO software and the tool for keep it minimized should start correctly and both minimized. For me, it worked.

I mounted my 805i yesterday and I'm very pleased for its look - it is beautiful.
                          But I think that it is JUST beautiful. From the outside, I mean. There are so many absurd engineering errors (no top ventilation grills, PSU mounted flipped with the fan on top side, when there is a huge ventilation grill in the wrong place, the case fan for rear ventilation that prevents the installation of the included led stripe in a RIDICOLOUS way, and a lot more flaws) that I can say that has been not a pleasant work to mount my hardware in it, and it is far to be a good case. At least, put a patch on that crappy software, if it does not create too much disturb....
                          Last edited by Falco_75; 08-11-2017, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X