Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guys, I'm a new owner of the 805i case and i have a question for you : Because my desktop configuration, do you think its possible to turn the 805i into a horizontal case ?

I guess the bottom side of the case can be replace by a metallic one for more reliability and add furniture leg to elevate the case.

I think i can have a stylish (and lighty) result but i'm a beginner about modding.

Thanks for your answer,

Best regards.

Comment

Troubleshooting question for you guys. Ive set my case up using the supplied RGB splitter but for some reason when I boot up the computer neither the front panel or the RGB strip light up. If I plug the front panel directly into my MOBO's RGB header it works. My question is this, is it not lighting up because its plugged into the USB header on my MOBO so its not reading it since no drivers or anything are installed yet for the MOBO? I am using the ASUS Formula VIII.

I've supplied photos of my splitter with the front panel and RGB strip attached to it. The splitter plugged into my mobo and into the power.

Comment

Originally posted by Elpatron972 View Post
        I guys, I'm a new owner of the 805i case and i have a question for you : Because my desktop configuration, do you think its possible to turn the 805i into a horizontal case ?

I guess the bottom side of the case can be replace by a metallic one for more reliability and add furniture leg to elevate the case.

I think i can have a stylish (and lighty) result but i'm a beginner about modding.

Thanks for your answer,

Best regards.
        It's not impossible, but it would be tough. We can't recommend anything that would potentially void your warranty though.

Comment

Originally posted by Leirsgrios View Post
          Troubleshooting question for you guys. Ive set my case up using the supplied RGB splitter but for some reason when I boot up the computer neither the front panel or the RGB strip light up. If I plug the front panel directly into my MOBO's RGB header it works. My question is this, is it not lighting up because its plugged into the USB header on my MOBO so its not reading it since no drivers or anything are installed yet for the MOBO? I am using the ASUS Formula VIII.

I've supplied photos of my splitter with the front panel and RGB strip attached to it. The splitter plugged into my mobo and into the power.
          If you have an AURA ready board, the splitter isn't necessary. All you need to do is run AURA. That's why it wasn't working with the splitter plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post

If you have an AURA ready board, the splitter isn't necessary. All you need to do is run AURA. That's why it wasn't working with the splitter plugged in.
            Ahh, awesome. Thanks for the prompt reply! Another quick question. I plan on having a UV strip along the top of the case, the provided RGB strip at the bottom and then the front panel in use. Would a 3 way splitter like this https://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Elec-Sp...splitter+cable work just fine then with the one going to the MOBO RGB header and the 3 LED parts attached to the male ends?

Comment

This is difficult to answer because this is more of a question about your motherboard. If you do decide to go through with this plan, post picture and let us know the results. We imagine it will look pretty sweet though.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a video anywhere of the case completely connected up to Aura? I really want to specifically see what the "rolling multi glow rainbow" effect looks like, I'm probably missing something but I have only found videos of it being controlled by Halo so far. If not then would anyone mind uploading one? Thought that this would be the perfect place to ask, I will most likely be a proud owner of this beautiful case soon.

Comment

We created a guide video, not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this should give you an idea of how it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post
                    We created a guide video, not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this should give you an idea of how it should work.

Thankyou! It is truly beautiful. Is it possible to control the case lights with the Aura Sync software if linked with the motherboard or do we need to use Halo only? I love the Halo settings but there are also some nice effects on the Asus program too which is why i'm asking. I was particularly wondering what the rainbow effect would look like if it was possible https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Sync.html you can see what effect I mean if you select the 'rainbow rolling multi-color' glow on that site.

Comment

Originally posted by Distortedclarity View Post

Thankyou! It is truly beautiful. Is it possible to control the case lights with the Aura Sync software if linked with the motherboard or do we need to use Halo only? I love the Halo settings but there are also some nice effects on the Asus program too which is why i'm asking. I was particularly wondering what the rainbow effect would look like if it was possible https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Sync.html you can see what effect I mean if you select the 'rainbow rolling multi-color' glow on that site.
                      If you have Aura, use their software, and do not use the provided splitter. HALO is used primarily for users that own MoBos that don't have that function.

Comment

I have the z270x Gaming 8 and the mobo has 2x 5 PIN RGB plugs but the ones from the case are only 4 pin , the splitter that came the case looks like it can fit 5 pin but it has 1 pin area blocked off, where would I plug it in?

Last edited by ilostmypill; 02-09-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Hello,

The four pins are the same, so just plug it in like normal.

Comment

What is the air flow in the 805i ? Is the front sealed from dust? Radiator installed in front with air blowing into caseTaking air up from and through the bottom filter? Thank you for clearing up any confusion I have.

Comment

Originally posted by kane100574 View Post
                              What is the air flow in the 805i ? Is the front sealed from dust? Radiator installed in front with air blowing into caseTaking air up from and through the bottom filter? Thank you for clearing up any confusion I have.
                              Dust from the front is a non-issue. The bottom has a filter so no issue there either.

Comment

can I fit 140mm fans on the right side of the front rad (inside where the inwin logo is )

Comment

Working...
                                X