Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I have recently purchased the In Win 805 and am attempting to remove the HDD cage to make room for 120mm fans. I know the cage is designed to be readjustable and I can't believe I can't figure this out, but how in the world do you remove the last screw? I removed both screws attached to the side wall and the rear-base screw on the base chassis. The front-base screw however seems to have been attached from underneath and then covered by the foot of the chassis. I tried to remove the foot but as it did not come off easily I presume it was snapped in and glued on. The only thing I can think of is the screw was screwed in upside down and then covered with the foot as a manufacturing error, or I am missing something really simple. I have attached a picture taken from the front panel (on the left) of the lower right, inside of the case where the final screw of the HDD cage is attached. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jonny Pyrc; 04-23-2016, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Beenade66
      Beenade66 commented
      Editing a comment
      As stated in the manual, Remove the rubber cubes that are on the underside of the front case feets by using your fingernails to slowly pull them out (Dont worry they pop in and out quite easily). Then you should see the screws required to be taken out to remove the HDD Cage and the case feets..
      Last edited by Beenade66; 04-24-2016, 05:02 AM.

• Administrator Johnny Gomez
      Editing a comment
      Precisely as Beenade66 mentioned.

Here's my 805. Does the job.
    Intel Core i7 4790k
    Asus Maximus Formula VII
    16Gb Kingston HyperX Beast
    3x 240GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSDs
    Asus GTX780

Comment

• GIGA Z97X GAMING 7
      • I7 4790K
      • KIT 16GB (8GB x 2) CORSAIR VENGEAN PRO RED DDR3 BUS 1866
      • EVGA GeForce GTX 980 HYDRO COPPER
      • 2 SSD 250 GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO "RUN RAID 0"
      • WD GREEN 2T
      • SEAGATE 320GB
      • FSP AURUM PRO 750W
      • CASE INWIN 805
      • WATERCOOLING CUSTOM EK PHOTON
      • EK-SUPREMACY EVO CPU BLOCK
      • PUMP TANK D5 PHOTON XSPC 170
      • 2 RAD EK 240 PE
      • RAD EK 120 SE

Performed Mods: This project home made from me.. I just user so is not modder... ! ........ BEAR SEA 805 PHOTON EK FULL SETTING........... .......see more picture from link

https://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/4293/bear-sea-805

Comment

• anthonytsai
        anthonytsai commented
        Editing a comment
        it is a nice and clean build !! thanks for sharing

Originally posted by Benny Tuan Nguyen View Post
      • GIGA Z97X GAMING 7
      • I7 4790K
      • KIT 16GB (8GB x 2) CORSAIR VENGEAN PRO RED DDR3 BUS 1866
      • EVGA GeForce GTX 980 HYDRO COPPER
      • 2 SSD 250 GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO "RUN RAID 0"
      • WD GREEN 2T
      • SEAGATE 320GB
      • FSP AURUM PRO 750W
      • CASE INWIN 805
      • WATERCOOLING CUSTOM EK PHOTON
      • EK-SUPREMACY EVO CPU BLOCK
      • PUMP TANK D5 PHOTON XSPC 170
      • 2 RAD EK 240 PE
      • RAD EK 120 SE

Performed Mods: This project home made from me.. I just user so is not modder... ! ........ BEAR SEA 805 PHOTON EK FULL SETTING........... .......see more picture from link

https://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/4293/bear-sea-805
      You don't have to be a modder to put together an amazing build. And you do have a beautiful build.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post

You don't have to be a modder to put together an amazing build. And you do have a beautiful build.
        Tks Sir ... I am from Ho Chi Minh City ... If will be can add friend on Facebook
        My Face nice to meet you ....
        https://www.facebook.com/bentleytuan.nguyen
        And then me join Champion Modding Show from Intel Viet Nam
        "Extreme PC Master"
        https://www.facebook.com/extremepcma...type=3&theater
        Only for my case 1 like
        please don't wrong like another case
        Thanks a lot
        Last edited by Benny Tuan Nguyen; 04-27-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

i just built my first inwin 805 i love it. very well designed and so elegant looking when off and awesome looking when on i have been building computers for 30 years now and this one is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by hotirish View Post
            i just built my first inwin 805 i love it. very well designed and so elegant looking when off and awesome looking when on i have been building computers for 30 years now and this one is my favorite.
            It does look pretty sharp!

Comment

This case has a USB 3.1 type C at the front. Is this USB 3.1 Gen2 type C? If so how does this then connect to the motherboard? Does it connect into the SATA express port?

Comment

Originally posted by crizzscott View Post
                This case has a USB 3.1 type C at the front. Is this USB 3.1 Gen2 type C? If so how does this then connect to the motherboard? Does it connect into the SATA express port?

The outside connector is Gen2 Type-C, however, you cannot connect through SATA Express port.

Comment

The outside connector is Gen2 Type-C, however, you cannot connect through SATA Express port.
                  So how do you connect it to a motherboard then please?

Comment

It really depends on the motherboard. The 3.1 Type-C is really new, so if the motherboard doesn't support it, you can still use the 3.0 connector.

Comment

It really depends on the motherboard. The 3.1 Type-C is really new, so if the motherboard doesn't support it, you can still use the 3.0 connector.
                      Sorry that really doesn't answer my question. Can you please provide a picture of the connecter that connects the 3.1 Type-C to a motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by crizzscott View Post

Sorry that really doesn't answer my question. Can you please provide a picture of the connecter that connects the 3.1 Type-C to a motherboard.

We can try and provide a photo, but it would basically show what was mentioned earlier. We don't currently have a motherboard that supports the 3.1 Type-C in our possession.

Comment

We can try and provide a photo, but it would basically show what was mentioned earlier. We don't currently have a motherboard that supports the 3.1 Type-C in our possession.
                          Please provide the photo. All I want to see is a picture of the connector at the end of the cable that comes from the 3.1 type C connector at the front of the case.

Comment

I'm getting my component parts in anticipation of a new build. I am salivating over the 805 Infinity case! How soon? Can I get on a waiting list? A tester's list? Any list?

Comment

Working...
                            X