Aurora Fans with Maximus X Hero using Aura Sync Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurora Fans with Maximus X Hero using Aura Sync Questions

The fans are setup however the RGB's are not working? I used the Addressable cable(Plugged into Add_Header and Fan on the Board) and to the first fan then the short cables between the other two then the 2 led strips

I should be able to do this without the controller however finding the current version of Asus Sync Software is hard to find on their site.

Once you have the latest updated version of the Aura software, let us know if the problem persists.

Comment

are the cables hook up correctly? I had my dog grab one or two cables from the box and tear them up. The software latest version doesn't work either.
      Last edited by Timuka3T; 11-22-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

There are two connectors on each fan, make sure they are hooked up correctly, one says IN and the other says OUT. So for your first fan connect it to the IN port, then go from that fan's OUT port to the next fans IN port.
        Last edited by Monty4G63; 11-23-2017, 02:58 AM. Reason: typo correction

Comment

Originally posted by Monty4G63 View Post
          There are two connectors on each fan, make sure they are hooked up correctly, one says IN and the other says OUT. So for your first fan connect it to the IN port, then go from that fan's OUT port to the next fans IN port.
          WOW! This corrected the issue

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

I have connected the 4ping from controller to the cha-fan 2 on mothetboard and then the USB port from controller which is switch to 4ping connector was connected to the add-header. But the AURORA software can’t operate and saying not got device.

Comment

The USB should be connected to the internal USB 2.0 header on the motherboard, it is usually a 9 pin header (one row of five pins, then a second row of 4 pins) Also you must be sure that the pins are lined up correctly as it is possible to hook it up backwards. make sure the red wire is on the left. Otherwise you could use a standard Micro USB cable from the rear IO port in the back and just lead it through an open PCIE slot.

Also if you are using the Aurora control box then you do not use the Addressable RGB header.
                Last edited by Monty4G63; 11-26-2017, 11:04 AM. Reason: After confirming.

Comment

Thank you monty4G63.
                  Any cable from controller need to be plugged into add-header?

Comment

If you are using the control box, you don't need to plug anything in the addressable header.

Comment

Working...
                    X