In Win Aurora fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Talan_one View Post
    This is doing my head in. All good info but this is my problem iv got an rog strix x99 gaming and it has a Aura rgb header and i don't want to plug in my aurora fan kit just in case its not addressable.
    Capture.JPG

The Pic included shows why i'm getting confused, Its not clear cut.
    You are right. It is confusing. I had the same issue.
    From the looks of it, the Aurora fans are not compatible with your MB.

The Aurora controller requires the 4-pin RGB connection, as well as a 3-pin addressing header.

You should wait for the polaris fans, which have been announced, but are not yet available. They will work with just the 4 pin rgb and a fan signal.

At least that is my current understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Talan_one View Post
      This is doing my head in. All good info but this is my problem iv got an rog strix x99 gaming and it has a Aura rgb header and i don't want to plug in my aurora fan kit just in case its not addressable.
      Capture.JPG

The Pic included shows why i'm getting confused, Its not clear cut.
      As mentioned earlier, in order to be compatible with Aura, the Aurora fans require an RGB and an addressable header. If your motherboard doesn't feature them both, you cannot use Aura. However, you can use the Aurora software if you'd like.

If you'd prefer to use Aura, the Polaris fans debuting next week will be a better fit for you. https://www.in-win.com/en/fans/polaris

Comment

Good evening! I am currently writing an overview article of the Aurora fans for Modders-inc.com. The Aurora software has some unique presets and color schemes, but what about customization of the color schemes and activities? I can create a custom setting in a competing set of products, and save it, I am quite positive that the users of this awesome product have some ideas as well as for color schemes they would like to create and display. Individually addressable LED's are simply awesome when it comes to customization, and I was disappointed when I realized the software did not appear to have this functionality.
        Is this on InWin's radar for a future release? And if so, is there an ETA?
        Thank you!
        Craig Tate, aka: Tech-Daddy

Comment

Bugga... I all ready have the fan's (wishing i had seen this post). i wonder if there is a usb2 header to addressable rgb header available.

I saw the aura compatibility logo on the web site and was the deciding factor to get them. Now im stuck
          Last edited by Talan_one; 09-30-2017, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TechDaddy View Post
            Good evening! I am currently writing an overview article of the Aurora fans for Modders-inc.com. The Aurora software has some unique presets and color schemes, but what about customization of the color schemes and activities? I can create a custom setting in a competing set of products, and save it, I am quite positive that the users of this awesome product have some ideas as well as for color schemes they would like to create and display. Individually addressable LED's are simply awesome when it comes to customization, and I was disappointed when I realized the software did not appear to have this functionality.
            Is this on InWin's radar for a future release? And if so, is there an ETA?
            Thank you!
            Craig Tate, aka: Tech-Daddy
            At this time, the Aurora software does not provide the ability to customize the colors. That said, it could be a possibility with future products down the line.

Comment

I have purchased 2 sets of the inwin fans "6 fans 2 controlers" I installed 1 set and I think I stuffed it up. (from controler : dc power wire to power.. output to fans..usb to addressable rgb.. mb to fan hub.. The fans work but the led went blue then stopped. No led at all.. Before installing the second controler ..can you comfirm on controler:: usb to address rgb :: mb to ? My Motherboard is a Asus x299-e it has rgb headers and a addressable rgb. In other words a detailed installation for wiring. Cheers

Comment

I would like to thank inwin for sending me a Y cable that conects to the fan header and the addessable rgb header then to the fans "no control unit or inwin software needed". Now i have full control from motherboard over the 6 fans for speed and aura lighting etc. Exactly what I wanted. A big thank-you

Comment

Originally posted by gazza1234 View Post
                I would like to thank inwin for sending me a Y cable that conects to the fan header and the addessable rgb header then to the fans "no control unit or inwin software needed". Now i have full control from motherboard over the 6 fans for speed and aura lighting etc. Exactly what I wanted. A big thank-you
                Oh, that sounds like something I would want, I plan on using 12 of these fans but don't want to get stuck having all fans at a single speed.

Comment

Working...
                X