No announcement yet.

In Win Aurora fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds great! So the first one is connected to the RGB_HEADER of the mainboard and the other ones are then daisy chained so that one connector is enough to sync all the fans in the case?

Comment

Correct. You can daisy-chain up to four fans together. If you plan on using more, you can use the provided splitter.

Comment

Yes but the max. number of fans is also limited by the power they need, afaik the ASUS RGB headers are limited to 2A each.

Comment

Hi,
          I’m the proud owner of an In Win 301 case and I’d like to install the Aurora fans in it. I have a question, though: the two at the bottom will be no problem, but will I be able to daisy chain the rear bottom one to the rear exhaust one? I’m worried about the length of the proprietary modular cables…

Comment

Hello,

We tested the Aurora Fans on the 301 and you won't have an issue. Aurora Fans will be available in early August.

Comment

Hey, im the lucky owner of 3 auroa fans (came with the case). The fans are great! the rgb effects are nice and the daisy chain was a long needed feature for case fans!
              But I have a few questions:
              -How many fans can I use in chain without running in power problems ?
              -Will there be longer cables to chain up the fans ? (I have a inwin 303 and im plaining on using the 3 fans on the top and the 1 at the rear end and the normal cable will be a bit short to connect the last top fan with the rear fan)

And my last, most important, question:
              Will the rgb software be updated ? right now I can just use the few preset colors and no colors like yellow, orange or purple (in static mode)

Comment

Originally posted by Sackgesicht View Post
                Hey, im the lucky owner of 3 auroa fans (came with the case). The fans are great! the rgb effects are nice and the daisy chain was a long needed feature for case fans!
                But I have a few questions:
                -How many fans can I use in chain without running in power problems ?
                -Will there be longer cables to chain up the fans ? (I have a inwin 303 and im plaining on using the 3 fans on the top and the 1 at the rear end and the normal cable will be a bit short to connect the last top fan with the rear fan)

And my last, most important, question:
                Will the rgb software be updated ? right now I can just use the few preset colors and no colors like yellow, orange or purple (in static mode)
                Hello,

First off, please feel free to share pictures with us, would love to see your build on our forums. But to answer your questions:

We've technically ran 13 or so, but a safer bet would be 8.
                The Aurora fan set sold individually will feature longer cables.
                More than likely, we won't have an update on HALO anytime soon.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Comment

I will post a picture later when im home again. But my build is far from complete. Right now im saving for a water cooling custom loop and until then I dont know what color scheme I want to use and therefor I don't have custom sleeved cables right now :/

And my question about the rgb software was about the aurora software and not the halo software ( should have written it more precisely ). Right now Im only able to chose from a limited set of colors even though the the leds can provide many more colors ( can be seen when in the "rainbow" modes). I think for static, non changing colors there is only Red / Blue / Green / White, which is a bit annoying for me, because my planned color scheme was orange or yellow rgb + red water cooler liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackgesicht View Post
                    I will post a picture later when im home again. But my build is far from complete. Right now im saving for a water cooling custom loop and until then I dont know what color scheme I want to use and therefor I don't have custom sleeved cables right now :/

And my question about the rgb software was about the aurora software and not the halo software ( should have written it more precisely ). Right now Im only able to chose from a limited set of colors even though the the leds can provide many more colors ( can be seen when in the "rainbow" modes). I think for static, non changing colors there is only Red / Blue / Green / White, which is a bit annoying for me, because my planned color scheme was orange or yellow rgb + red water cooler liquid.
                    My apologies, I misread. But as of now, there isn't a schedule yet for an Aurora software update.

Comment

Too bad. I think the overall great fans lose a bit of their potential with the missing software features. ( Also is there a official way to submit bugs ? ).
                      But as not to leave a bitter taste here: I really like the fans and would buy them again in a second. The overall design is great, the existing rgb effects are great, they are really quiet and the possibility to chain the fans is really nice.

Also here are 2 of my promised pictures:
                      http://i.imgur.com/6W6etp1.jpg
                      http://i.imgur.com/4EiMGJb.jpg

In the second picture I added some LED strips to light up the interior. Right now this looks worse then the first picture ( at least in my opinion ), but I wanted to light it up a bit so when I add watercooling and custom sleeved cables they aren't lost in the darkness of the tempered glass :P

Comment

Got an awesome rig going there. Absolutely, feel free to PM me, and I'll delegate them to our R&D team.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post
                          Hello,

We tested the Aurora Fans on the 301 and you won't have an issue. Aurora Fans will be available in early August.
                          So there will be no problems in a 301 chaining the rear fan to the other 2 on the front? I figure you'd need about a 500mm cable for that (about 350mm straight line distance + 150mm for cable routing) - how long is the 'long' cable?

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Mikisstuff View Post

So there will be no problems in a 301 chaining the rear fan to the other 2 on the front? I figure you'd need about a 500mm cable for that (about 350mm straight line distance + 150mm for cable routing) - how long is the 'long' cable?

​​​​​
                            Correct. Some of the cables will actually be longer than the ones provided in the 303 Aurora fan set.

Comment

Any update on the Polaris RGB regarding availability?

Comment

Originally posted by stna1981 View Post
                                Any update on the Polaris RGB regarding availability?
                                We are expecting an update soon, but currently we don't have an ETA to report regarding Polaris.

Comment

Working...
                                X