Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues connecting and missing cable

Hi all

I’ve got myself an aurora 3 pack of fans and controller. everything is installed and fans all light up blue. Connected the USB cable to the USB 10 pin header on my
    mobo (x470), but the app refuses to see the controller. I get some “not connect” message or similar when loading the app. There was a 4-4pin cable included in the box, however, I do not believe the addressable cable (Y cable??) has been supplied. Asus aura app doesn’t see any of these, but can control my case/Ram/mobo led no problem.

Currently using the in win a1 case And the rgb strip on the bottom is connected to the single rgb header on the motherboard. This works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

What region are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post
      Hello,

What region are you from?
      I’m from Melbourne, in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by bogchops View Post
        I’m from Melbourne, in Australia.
        We've sent the information to our sales rep in Australia. She will contact you though your email soon. Thank you for your time!

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post

We've sent the information to our sales rep in Australia. She will contact you though your email soon. Thank you for your time!
          Thanks. But it doesn’t answer my question as to why the aurora software doesn’t detect the controller? Controller is powered via SATA cable. Connected to the motherboard internal usb2.0 header. But cannot be found?

Comment

Hi,

For the controller problem, it sounds like you might have accidentally placed the connector wrong on the header. When you have a moment, please try flipping the connector to the opposite side. This might correct your issue.

Comment

Hi,

For the controller problem, it sounds like you might have accidentally placed the connector wrong on the header. When you have a moment, please try flipping the connector to the opposite side. This might correct your issue.
              hi,

this is is the motherboard I have with USB2 header on the right hand side. Just below the SATA port

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c5xn420es94d0p/x470.jpg?dl=0

From memory, the USB cable has 4 pins, and 1 blocked hole. So it can only fit in one way.

Please advise!

Last edited by bogchops; 06-29-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Hi,

If the issue still exist when all the cables are connected properly, please follow the steps below to check if your computer detect the device "HID\VID_FF01&PID_0207&REV_0101&MI_01".

Drive Manager ---> Human Interface devices ---> USB Human Interface Devices / HID Compliant Consumer Control Device ---> Details ---> Hardware Ids ---> HID\VID_FF01&PID_0207&REV_0101&MI_01

Please try to check all the USB Human Interface Devices / HID Compliant Consumer Control Device you have. If the computer did not detect the device "HID\VID_FF01&PID_0207&REV_0101&MI_01", we assume it is the controller problem. Our sales rep will help you to get the new controller and also the Y-cable soon.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Hi,

If the issue still exist when all the cables are connected properly, please follow the steps below to check if your computer detect the device "HID\VID_FF01&PID_0207&REV_0101&MI_01".

Drive Manager ---> Human Interface devices ---> USB Human Interface Devices / HID Compliant Consumer Control Device ---> Details ---> Hardware Ids ---> HID\VID_FF01&PID_0207&REV_0101&MI_01

Please try to check all the USB Human Interface Devices / HID Compliant Consumer Control Device you have. If the computer did not detect the device "HID\VID_FF01&PID_0207&REV_0101&MI_01", we assume it is the controller problem. Our sales rep will help you to get the new controller and also the Y-cable soon.

Thank you for your time.
                  Hi again.

I've had a look and only have 3 HID-compliant consumer control devices. NONE of these have a HID that matches the one above.

Can you please advise the sales rep that I will need a new controller/RGB Y cable?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bogchops View Post

Hi again.

I've had a look and only have 3 HID-compliant consumer control devices. NONE of these have a HID that matches the one above.

Can you please advise the sales rep that I will need a new controller/RGB Y cable?

Thanks!
                    Hi,

We are sorry for your experience. Our sales rep has already sent the mail to you. Please check your mail box to see more details.

Thank you for your time!

Comment

Hi,

We are sorry for your experience. Our sales rep has already sent the mail to you. Please check your mail box to see more details.

Thank you for your time!
                      Hi thanks. I’m a bit worried Janice might only include the RGB Y addressable cable and she has not responded to my email from last week. Could you please contact her and follow up to ensure that both the RGB Y cable and controller are supplied? I have given her my mailing addresses, receipt and any/all serial numbers she requested (couldn’t find a serial so I took pictures of all numbers on the box).

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X