Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inwin Aurora Addressable RGB Cable Missing

Hi,

I just purchased 3 x 3 packs of the Inwin Aurora RGB fans with the intention of connecting them to my 2 addressable 3 pin RGB headers on ASUS Code X motherboard (the two standard RGB 4 pin headers are already in use for a EK res and water pump) and noticed there isn't any addressable RGB cable included. Any way I can get my hands on these cables? If not its $350 down the drain for me... I live in Australia and purchased from Pccasegear.

Kind regards,
    Wasko.

Hi Wasko,

We apologize for the missing cable. Please check your private message box for more information. We will have our local sales rep to help you soon. Thank you for your time!

Comment

I also have a couple of questions regarding current draw. I am trying to work out how many fans / LED strips I can connect to each addressable header on my motherboard. I have two headers rated at 3A (5v) and looking at the fan specs it lists the current draw for each fan @ 0.5A. The next lines below go on to say "ADD RGB rated voltage 5v, ADD RGB rated power 0.02w and ADD RGB rated current 0.06A" which I don't understand.

I was planning on running 5 fans from one of my ADD RGB headers and 3 fans plus 2 LED strips from the 2nd ADD RGB header. First question: Does 5 fans = 2.5A or is there some additional draw?

Second question: How much current does the RGB LED strips draw? 3 fans (1.5A?) plus LED strips (Amps?).

Last question: If I decided I didn't want to use ASUS Aura sync could I successfully connect the control box to one of the two free addressable headers on my motherboard with the ADD header cable instead of using the 12v 4pin normal RGB header (as stated in my first message both of these are in use already)??? This would be a last resort but would be good to know.

Kind regards,
      Wasko.

Comment

Oh just saw your reply. Thanks for the fast response I will check my PM now cheers!

Comment

Hi,

I just wanted to advise that the missing cable issue was sorted out by the Australian rep and I am very happy with the result. Great customer service experience which is very rare these days. Cheers!

I am still curious about my other questions above though. I know it's asking a lot but even if I could get 1 of the answers I would be extremely grateful! Sorry if I'm being a pest...

Kind regards,
          Wasko.

Comment

Hi Wasko,

We are glad that you already reached our rep.

About your first question, the Asus CODE X motherboard can support max. 60 LEDs in one ADD RGB header (According to ASUS official website information. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...AXIMUS-X-CODE/). From the details you provide, it looks that max. 56 LEDs will be used in one ADD RGB header. (5 fans from one of my ADD RGB headers and 3 fans plus 2 LED strips from the 2nd ADD RGB header.)

For the second question, if you like to connect 3 fans + 2 LED strips with the header, the current should be 1.38.

Last one, you cannot connect the control box to the motherboard with ADD RGB cable. And the ADD RGB cable cannot be used on the 4-pin RGB header. You should either use control box without using ADD RGB cable or apply ADD RGB cable directly to connect the 3-pin ADD RGB header on the motherboard to sync all the lighting.

We hope these will help you.

Comment

Ok the third answer I expected and understood thanks!

From your second answer it seems I am safe to connect 3 fans plus 2 strips to one of the ADD headers which is great!

The first answer is still confusing me though. I was trying to work out the actual current from what you were saying. I divided 56 by 5 (fans) and I get 11.2. How can there be 11.2 LEDs per fan?? If possible could you just tell me exactly how much current 1 fan will draw or whats the total current for 5 fans?

Is the current draw 0.5A per fan + 0.06A per LED on each fan? I don't know how many LEDs there are on each fan but if we say there are 5 LEDs on a fan then the total current draw would be 0.8A per fan??

Sorry I am really confused as to just how much current each component draws...

Comment

Ok so I have been doing some research. Is it correct to state that I will have to plug the fans into a fan header separate from the ADD RGB header? I think this is where I was being confused. 0.5A per fan to FAN header and then 0.06A per LED into the ADD RGB header??? If this is the case it really makes it a pain in the a** but at least I can try to work something out.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, you should connect both 4-pin fan header and 3-pin ADD RGB header. And we made the mistake for the data has given before, the 0.06A is the current of an Aurora fan (4 LEDs). not one LED.

Comment

Fantastic! Thank you for clearing everything up for me!!! Worst case I might have to power the fans themselves through a separate SATA fan controller though I am hoping to make something work with the 3A pump header lol. The main thing is I know what I am doing now and there is a way it can be done! Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X