Siv-1065w psu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siv-1065w psu

I bought my In Win Tou 2.0 case in 2017, and I finally finished my build. My problem is that I've installed a fully custom waterloop with glass tubing, and I need to leak test it before I hook up all my internal components so if it does have a leak somewhere, all my components won't fry.

So far, every system I've ever built has allowed a jumper to be installed on the end of the 24 pin ATX cable, which lets you power up and components and peripherals without actually powering up the MB. This doesn't seem to be the case with this PSU. The 2 additional 6 pin ATX power outputs on the side of the rest of the power connectors (the ones that allow continuous power if the PSU is off) work, but I can't get any power from any of the other power connections on the PSU.

Does anyone have this PSU in their case, and if so, we're you able, or tried, to run the power using a jumper on the end of the 24 pin ATX cable? I'm trying to figure out if this PSU has a slightly different pinout or has some kind of security which prevents the other power connectors to work without the 24 pin cable attached to the MB, if I have a bad set of cables, or if I have a bad PSU. I can't necessarily swap out the cables since it came with a proprietary adapter, which attaches to the end of the 24 pin ATX cable and the MB and powers the front panel on the case, which powers the LED strips that came with the case.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this PSU and know if this is a limitation or not? If not, does anyone know how I can purchase another 24 pin ATX cable for this PSU and a new adapter to power up the front panel on the case? It's frustrating to have paid $1800 for a case and can't get any support from In Win, since I've contacted them numerous times about this with no response.

Can anyone help me out?

Hello,

First off, we're disappointed to hear that you haven't received a response. And for that we apologize for that. In regards to the problem, to help me understand the question a little better, did you try to sleeve the cables? If possible, can you take a photo of your 24-pin cable and DM me? I promise we will get to the bottom of the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post
      Hello,

First off, we're disappointed to hear that you haven't received a response. And for that we apologize for that. In regards to the problem, to help me understand the question a little better, did you try to sleeve the cables? If possible, can you take a photo of your 24-pin cable and DM me? I promise we will get to the bottom of the issue.
      I thought I would reply to your post in this thread instead of the sticky. Please see below.

Hey Johnny, I believe you were copied on the emails between Joyce Teng and I. I'm still trying to figure out why I'm not getting any power to any of my peripherals when they're plugged into my PSU.

Daniel, with Singularity Computers in Australia, sleeved my cables for me. I don't have the time or patience for it. He's already done a few sets for the Tou 2.0 successfully, so I figured I would have him sleeve my cables for me. However, I do still have my original unsleeved 24 pin ATX cable, which came with my Tou 2.0. I've tried using the sleeved cables and the original cables, but both of them give me the same result.

None of my peripherals are getting any power from the PSU. I plugged the 24 pin ATX cable into my MB before I could do any leak testing, or fill up my water loop. The MB lit up like it was receiving power, but I didn't connect it to a monitor to see if I was getting anything on the display. I'm going to assume that I probably wouldn't have got anything on the display since none of the LEDs, my pump, my fans, etc were receiving any power. I tried switching to multiple ATX connectors on the PSU, I've tried multiple 6 pin ATX cables, all of which have 3 or 4 MOLEX connectors on it, but nothing seems to work. The only thing I had plugged into the MOLEX connectors were some single 5mm LEDs. If I plug the same exact cable into a different power source, the LEDs light up. Even if I plug it into the auxiliary (extra power) connector on the SIV-1065W the LEDs light up. Also, when I try powering up both sets of my In Win Aurora RGB LED fans connected to the power hub and powered by a SCSI connector, they all start spinning when they're plugged into one of these auxiliary power connectors, but if I plug the SCSI power connector into one of the standard 6 pin PCIe ATX connectors on the SIV-1065W, they don't spin at all.

Is it possible for me to buy a new SIV-1065W with all new power cables? If it turns out that my PSU is bad, I can just send it back to you for a refund. I have a Corsair AX1500i just sitting here, but I don't know if it'll work with this case or not, especially since one of the cables that came with this case has a proprietary 5 pin connector on it to power the front panel on the case, which also powers up the LED strips. If there's nothing special about this SIV-1065W and everything should work if powered off the Corsair, then could I possibly buy the proprietary adapter, which plugs onto the end of the 24 pin ATX cable (between the PSU and the MB) and sends power to the front panel on this case? I think this might help me troubleshoot this a little better. Because of this proprietary connector, which powers up the front panel on this case and the LED strips, I'm not sure if anything else on this PSU is proprietary or not.

Right now, I think the best option would be to get a new SIV-1065W with a new set of cables. Like I mentioned, if it turns out the new PSU works, I could send the old PSU back to you for a refund. At least we'll be making progress.

Comment

Working...
      X