My In Win 805 black and yellow build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My In Win 805 black and yellow build.

Hello everyone. I have been posting in the 805 Owner's Club thread but wanted to post my build here too. For now I am going to copy and paste what I have posted there so far with original content to come starting with my next update. I hope everyone digs my ideas.

Some people call it obsessed, I call it motivated.....

Post #1:

03-10-2018, 04:25 AM

Hello all. New guy here. I have the gold version bc I want to do a black and yellow build. As you can see in the attached pics I've got an Asus b350 TUF and 2 yellow Thermaltake Riing 140' for the front. I'm on the way to Micro Center right now to pick up a Ryzen 5 1600 as they are on sale right now for $149, down $70. That's a steal. I'm not a gamer, just a hobbyist, hence the b350 and R5 as these are my work computers. (These? My bad, I'm doing 2 builds to replace my office and home office computers. I do graphic design and the R5 is plenty for what I do which focuses on screenprinting and t shirt design). Anyway, I have big plans for this case and a lot of ideas. Some of them go so far as getting another one , cutting the front off and replacing the rear on the original thus having two of those illuminated InWin logos. But that's a ways off if it happens at all, for now I'll start with fitting the psu shroud i took from a Raijintek case (seen in the picture) into the bottom bc I'll never not have a psu shroud again. The stuff you see in the case (Ryzen 3 Tomahawk 350, Liqtech 120) is the stuff being rotated out to the home work computer. Ok, just pulled up to Micro Center. Cover me, I'm going in....

Hmmmm, it says I don't have permission to post pics....is that bc I'm brand new?

Post #2

03-13-2018, 09:58 PM

Trying to upload these pics again. I skipped all but these two. The bottom one is the direction I'm starting which came to me after I had it stripped down. I'm pretty set on buying a second one for the purpose of having an illuminated logo on either side. I'm also going to reattach the front glass with spacers, just gotta figure out what to replace the front io iotb and how to bring it out the same distance as the glass. Also, the EVGA CLC 280 is only temporary until I do the loop. Def gonna mount it on the mobo panel as shown here tho. It was on sale for $85 with the purchase of the Ryzen 5 1600....which was on sale for $149. Pretty good score on those two pieces. It gonna be reduced to the 240 tho bc of space considerstions.

Comment

Post #3
      Today, 08:25 AM

Hello again. Just wanted to show the progress so far on my 805. I have installed the EVGA CLC280 on the back wall next to the motherboard using a combination of pre-existing (2 unused eatx mobo mount pre-tapped holes) and custom drilled holes. I also had to custom drill some holes to install the psu shroud. There is a Raijintek logo stamped into the side of the shroud which I will cover with an LED acrylic cover of some sort. I swapped the fans on the CLC for two 140mm Thermaltake riing fans in yellow and added a riing 120 yellow at the exhaust location. I'm running the case with no front cover right now so I haven't tackled intake fans yet. Those yellow Riing fans will be replaced with Riing orange or Riing RGB or something similar, whatever I can find that matches the LED's on the MOBO LED's which lean more towards the orange end of yellow. My temporary solution for exhausting the radiator is that I mounted the back glass using stand-offs.I will also use stand off's to mount the front glass if I find my self needing to use the front for intake. Don't laugh at my GTX 710. My good card is in use at the shop while this one is at the house being built/modded. This is a work computer so the 710 suits my needs for that just fine. I still intend to purchase a second case striclty for spare parts. The first of which is to add an illuminated In WIn logo to the left side of the case. My newest idea for modding this case is to use the second case to widen (deepen?) the case to the right of the mobo to accommodate water cooling hardware and a few other things I will keep to myself right now. Muahahah

Comment

I just reviewed my thread and noticed the picture quality is awful. I will work on getting some better pictures up.

Comment

From the looks of things, it appears to be the start of a killer mod!

Comment

Thanks, Johnny.

Hmmmmm....if anyone is confused, it looks like I have a forgotten about accoun here on In Win. That's me above - DontLikeWorking. I'll have to logout of that account at work before making more posts from there.

Comment

A rough mockup of my case mod direction so far. A 280 rad and fans will go on the angled piece. (a custom loop, not the EVGA CLC 280. Although, that will be on there for a bit until I build the loop which will be last) I think just the fans will be on the face with the rad hidden behind the wall along with the pump. Also - upgraded my mobo to this ROG Crosshair VI Hero I got for $199. I'm not afraid of the open box purchase Trying to figure out what to do with the PSU cover - replace it with a longer one that covers the whole bottom or cut it way short so I can extend that diagonal wall all the way to the floor so I can do a 360 rad.
              Last edited by FestiveMango666; 04-04-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

More progress. I need to change the title of this thread to Black and Gold or Black and Silver Build bc Black and Yellow will be saved for another time. Last update I had mocked up some interior changes and this new set of pics builds upon that. All I did was mockup the interior using some plexi from the doors of a Raijintek Asterion case I retired recently. I did the plexi for no logical reason except thinking I would get better measurements and visualizatio. I'm not saying I was wrong, but for sure it was overkill. Posterboars would have done the trick in much less time. If you're wondering about the cardboard box taped to the back of the piece, it's a mock radiator so I can check for clearance. In the end I will engineer the piece so that it utilizes the stock radiator mounting bracket but with a custom bracket that will let me install it at 45 degrees or I'll take it to a sheet metal shop and have it bent on a brake. Speaking of the retired Raijintek case, that's where the aluminum bar across the front comes from. It's already slotted for plexiglass so I'll utilize it to cover the exterior of the basememt area too by dropping some plexi or thin glass off of it. Lastly, I'm going to figure out a way to move the front I/O there. Ok, wish me luck lol. I'm on my phone so I may have to upload pics when I get home, I seem to remember having a problem with that before.

PS - the final product will not be as janky as this quick mockup I did with the plexi. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                X