Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DDCM Desk Project: Simple. Unique. Powerful.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCPartPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jBy4r7

Good morning DDCM fans and followers!

How about another DDCM desk PC update?

We’ll start of today’s update with our newest parts and tools! Our first is a package from ModMyMods that included our PCIe riser cable and an Alphacool Eisblock Mod kit in white. Going to paint the block cover red to match the rest of the build. Second, the wife surprised me by buying the crimpers I had on my wishlist. So….. we can start attempting making the custom cables that we need *dance*

Then we move into some more cutting of the desk itself. But first we needed to print off the radiator templates from MNPCTech.com onto cardstock and get them cut out. After placing and marking our cuts, we began cutting out the radiator holes.

After the radiator holes were cut, we moved onto cutting the back intake fans at the bottom of our cabinet and the exhaust holes at the top. Next steps will be to clean up our cuts and cut the mesh for the intake and exhaust. Then we can start working out final placement and cable runs.

We also went ahead and sleeved our Alphacool Eisbechers reservoir/pump combos.

Until next time, Happy Modding!

Comment

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jBy4r7

We first snagged a great deal on a water temp sensor plug and a handful of 120 fan grills.

We immediately jumped at the opportunity to test our InWin Aurora fans in our intake mounting solution. Just need to order my fan filters from ModMyMods.com and install our rubber silencers.

Then kept the progress going by installing our Eisbecher reservoirs and our NexXxos radiators with their Aurora fans also. We are starting to do our final test placement and install so we can start to make our custom cables before we paint the desk!

Comment

Happy New Year ! thanks for sharing !

Comment

Originally posted by littlejeremy View Post
          Happy New Year ! thanks for sharing !
          Happy to share with everyone! Hope you have a great New Year! Thanks for stopping by.

Comment

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jBy4r7

So, I wish I had a huge update for you guys, but unfortunately I only have one depressing picture for you. We started packing away our parts for the desk.

For those that haven’t followed us on social media, we are about to embark on a coast to coast move as we move back to our hometown area near Lake Tahoe, NV. My wife and I have both had parents have medical issues to include her mom having brain surgery. Because of this we are moving back to be a support structure as they continue to age. Additionally, our two daughters need to be close to their grandma and grandpas.

So, this build will be on hiatus through January and part of February as our stuff gets shipped to the west coast. I promise as soon as we set up in the new garage I will be right back on this. In the meantime, if you find us on social media we will continue to do other things while we transition.

Comment

Working...
            X