Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Win 805 ∞ Infinity!!!

Heyyo,

So I was lucky enough to win the "In Win 805 ∞ Infinity" in their 2016 Mod in Taiwan online voting polls and I just received the case yesterday and wish to share my build on here (with a little bit of unboxing goodness).

I felt like I wanted to go out of my comfort zone on this... I didn't want to just slap my parts in this beautiful chassis and just say "thanks" and since I won this through the Mod in Taiwan? I decided to paint my PC parts for the first time ever! After watching videos on YouTube from Greg with Science Studio and asking his advice? I decided to paint my PC parts white since it'll compliment the RGB lighting better and reflect the colors of the lights.

I've attached an imgur album link for now but I'll update this thread later with more photos and comments once I get along with the build! Thanks again In Win for sending this to me!

[EDIT]
    Oops! I forgot to post my PC hardware specifications heh here they are

In Win 805 Infinity case
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit build 14383
    Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.20GHz (1.30v) Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H80 (CWCH80) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    16.0GB (4x4GB) Kingston Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 2133MHz (11-12-11-30 @ 1.65V)
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68X-UD7-B3 (Socket 1155 BIOS F11a)
    ASUS VE278 27" LCD (1920x1080@60Hz via DisplayPort with RGB full)
    MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G (OC 1100MHz core, 1400MHz mem since mem hates my OC lol & +0% power delivery)
    SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    Visiontek's Bigfoot Network Killer 2100 PCI-E Network Interface Card
    Thermaltake PS-TPD-0850MPCGUS-1 850W 80+ Gold Power Supply

[EDIT2]
    Heyyo, here's how it'll look once I get the heat spreaders back on with proper 1mm thick thermal pads so my PC will be stable and the heat spreaders won't short out the sticks of ram heh. Just gotta wait from them to arrive in Canada from Hong Kong. :P

Last edited by ThE_MarD; 08-24-2016, 07:02 PM.

The box took a little bit of a beating in shipping

luckily the packaging was really good! They definitely wanted to make sure nothing would harm the case and especially that tempered glass

The case even came in a protective bag which was nice and there's a shot as well of the accessories box, quite the box indeed

taking off the bag I got a good look at that nice sized dust filter on the bottom of the case

and there it is... sadly my phone doesn't do justice as to how darn beautiful this thing is! That quality aluminium with anodized stylish hairline on the top and front I/O panels... seriously... seeing it in person is even better than the pictures... pictures can't quite capture how impressive the craftsmanship is on this (especially smartphone camera pictures heh) #PCMasterRace is alive and well after looking this case over... I can't believe how beautiful this thing is

the glorious I/O with that USB 3.1 Type-C port. Love it!

The RGB lighting strips with 3M tape plus a quick guide on how to install them. Nice.

Now THIS is genius! Instead of being limited to a few places to clamp down cables? In Win has these handy cable organizer clips that you just stick to wherever you need them on the back of the case. Seriously impressed right now!

That accessory box doesn't mess around! Shammy cloth! a bunch of zip ties, instructions, spare thumb screws and rubber gromits for the tempered glass, rubber washers for fan mounting, motherboard screws with stand offs and even an awesome standoff phillips screwdriver adapter! neat! and those handy cable organizer clips

Here's the spraypaints I shall be using. Armor Coat's High Heat paint for the permanent painted parts (RAM & motherboard heatsinks) and Plasti Dip for my MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G (It has extended warranty through the shop it was bought from and I want paint that I can peel off in case I need to do a warranty return).

On the larger black shroud? I decided to tape up the black section and only paint over the red highlight strips

so for painting my MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G's red shroud? I decided to use painter's tape to cover up the screw holes plus the white backing since I don't want my LED to get affected. I'll be paitning the inside and out of this shroud as I don't want a trace of red left.

Here's the main reason I wanted to paint my parts white... the grey and gold painted heatsinks plus my blue Kingston HyperX memory modules... The motherboard is out of warranty and tbh Looking at the price of DDR3? Eh, I can live with myself if I screw up and accidentally bake my RAM lol... If I do? I am definitely ordering RAM with white heatsinks. After doing more research on painting RAM? I decided to order some new thermal pads as I'd want to ensure my RAM is as happy as can be.
    Last edited by ThE_MarD; 07-14-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

so I took off the heatsink to find that two of the four bottoms are using thermal grease and the other two are using thermal pads... I'm gonna clean up all four and try to reuse the thermal pads and I'll redo the thermal grease but I'll tape up the bottoms since I don't want to paint the underside.

I put painters tape all over the bottom to cover up the heatsink contact area. I folded painters tape on top of itself to cover up the spot where there's some odd fuzzy square around the thermal grease spots.

Here's the main reason I wanted to paint the backplate... see that deep scratch in it? I bought her used like that.

I don't know why In Win doesn't advertise this but each time you buy a computer case from them? You get a free spray painting booth! How awesome is that!?

Here's the parts drying up after painting. The plastidip had a little bit of bubbling hmm I might have done a little too much of the stuff but I've never spraypainted with plastidip before this experiment heh.. the motherboard heatsinks turned out great though!

Yay! Deep scratch no longer visible.
      Last edited by ThE_MarD; 07-15-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Yea, you were lucky. Can't wait to see the final build

Comment

Heyyo, thanks Johnny Gomez! I just posted part two heh but soon I'll be doing a part three... there's going to be a few days delay between parts though as I need to wait for the thermal pads to arrive before I paint my RAM will be the biggest wait of the bunch. :P

[EDIT]

Time for part three!

Hmm so it turns out PlastiDip isn't the easiest to paint with if you only want to paint certain parts heh, it peeled on the red fins of the heatsink shroud a little but luckily once it's installed in the PC it'll be facing down and out of view so meh lol I'm still happy for my first time attempting to paint the parts. :P

Here it is assembled to do a function test. Still waiting on thermal pads so I can redo the RAM properly.

It works! I'm also quite impressed with how good the cooling works in this case with only two intake fans (Corsair AF120 Quiet Editions) and the two on my CPU radiator for exhaust (Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions). I ended up not installing any extra intake fans since I felt the computer was already slightly positive pressure. Btw, I went with the Corsair Quiet Edition fans for three reasons... them being they come with positive reviews for performance, they have those handy colored rings which would make painting for matching color theeming even better and third? The Quiet Editions for both air flow and static pressure fan types can almost push as much air as the regular fans which is fantastic... If In Win ever got into releasing fans for computers? This would be the benchmark to beat. I sadly couldn't order any In Win fans here in Canada otherwise I thought it would be neat to fill my PC with In Win fans but such is availability.
          Last edited by ThE_MarD; 07-18-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Amazing! Love the thorough build log. Keep it coming.

Comment

Heyyo, heh thanks Johnny Gomez! I'm hoping in the next day or two the thermal pads for replacing the ones on the RAM show up so I can paint those... I also noticed the red PCI-E power connectors on the power supply annoy me hahaha so I'm going to try and tape those up and try to paint them! Fingers crossed that turns out ok haha! :P

I also realized I forgot to post my PC specs that's going in this thing oops heh. I'll update my first post with that

Comment

Heyyo, another update! With some sadness and a warning to others!

here's my PCI-E 6+2 pin power connector all taped up and ready to paint. I covered the tips that go into the female connectors since I didn't want to risk painting those by accident heh

Looking good! Got them hanged up to dry

Here I am removing the heat spreaders in my basement area of my house... I had to re-plumb that sump pump just to my right last week since they old pump was toast and wasn't plumbed correctly (missing one-way check valve, plumbed into sewage drain instead of into the yard... that was a pain.. but I digress. I used a heat gun to soften the thermal pads before removing the heat spreaders using a plastic prying tool I got from a smartphone repair kit. Worked good!

I used painter's tape to cover the back sides since I didn't want to paint the thermal pad connective portion.

Here's where I should have stopped... because I bought those Startech thermal pads advertisied at 2.0mm... but they were really 0.2mm! Super thin! I didn't realize until it was too late that they were so damn thin that using them with my heat spreaders was actually causing them to contact with the circuitry on the ram sticks! I should have just let the stock thermal pads cool down and try to reuse them sigh...

Here it is with the white painted heat spreaders on the ram using my high temp spray paint... looks amazing! Too bad it's about to BSOD right when I take the next picture

here is where I realized I'm boned... that those damn startech thermal pads were definitely an issue sigh. Oh, I also reorganized my room. I bought a wire frame metal rack for the computer to elevate it and the open shelves would give them unrestricted airflow and also reduce the odds of the PC or the bottom-side fan filters to suck in dust. I used my printer on that middle shelf to be sandwiched between my computer desk and the wall which made that wire frame shelf really stable haha. I only use that printer once a year usually during income tax return season. :P So yeah, I'm trying to order new thermal pads once I try to clean off the crappy startech ones... hopefully the sticks of ram aren't defective and will still work... I'll try to clean them off properly again with isopropyl 99% and see if I can salvage them...

So I cleaned up the ram as best I could with that 99% isopropyl and thank GabeN... she's stable again. I'm now ordering thicker thermal pads and will try that. The ones it came with measured 1mm so I'm ordering these ones to try... will be a few weeks shipping from Hong Kong though... https://www.amazon.ca/SODIAL-400mm-Silicone-Thermal-Heatsink/dp/B00H3CUD64/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1469718765&s r=1-11&keywords=thermal+pad+1mm&tag=paulshardware-20
                Last edited by ThE_MarD; 07-28-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Heyyo, well the PC won't change once the new thermal pads come in so I'm sharing it to Reddit's PcMasterRace subreddit and on imgur and probably other places too heh. Thanks again In Win! This case is definitely super impressive and I'm so blessed to have received it and build a PC with it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThE_MarD View Post
                    Heyyo, well the PC won't change once the new thermal pads come in so I'm sharing it to Reddit's PcMasterRace subreddit and on imgur and probably other places too heh. Thanks again In Win! This case is definitely super impressive and I'm so blessed to have received it and build a PC with it!!!!
                    Thank you for sharing your build. We are happy that you are enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
                    X